As the first (of possibly many) steps, we need to organize ourselves and communicate to the politicians our displeasure with the closing of Hemet Ryan to gliders. With Oct 1st coming soon this need is immediate, so please do these two things TODAY.
1- Write and encourage everyone possible to write to Supervisor Stone expressing their displeasure with the loss of soaring at Hemet Ryan to the aviation community.
2- For further updates, join the Save Soaring at Hemet Today (SSHT) Google News Group at:
The county supervisor over Hemet Ryan is Jeff Stone, Riverside County Supervisor, Third District. His address is:
Supervisor Jeff Stone
43950 E. Acacia, Suite A
Hemet, CA 92543
Perhaps easier, Supervisor Stone has a website with a “Constituent Assistance Request Form” at http://district3.co.riverside.ca.us/
• State that you are against the closing of Hemet Ryan to glider operations in the first sentence.
• Ask that Supervisor Jeff Stone assist in preventing the closure.
• State that in your “pilot’s opinion” from actually flying at the site that the operation of Runway 23 is historically safe and future improvements are easily attainable.
• State there is no acceptable local alternative airport for soaring at Hemet
• If you live in Riverside County, do state that you do.
Who should write? As many as possible…everyone (not just pilots) who wants to see soaring continue at Hemet Ryan.