Thursday, October 30, 2008

Two thirds of Silver

I received confirmation today that my Silver Badge distance and altitude claims were accepted! Now all I need is the 5-hour flight to complete the badge.

The Badge Lady pointed out that I had miscalculated the height penalty, but I still had enough distance to meet the requirement. I'll have to go back and reread that rule... something about flights over 100 kilometers.

She also pointed out some helpful things about dealing with the Volkslogger. I had entered various landing spots into SeeYou on my PDA, to help with navigation along the way. Well, SeeYou uploaded all those into the Volkslogger which treated them as turnpoints. For this badge flight, that's not important, but for other badge or record flights, those turnpoints would be part of the official declaration, which complicates things. So I'll have to try uploading a simple task for the declaration, and then using a more complex task just on the PDA for navigation.

No comments: